Telstra Health is excited to announce the launch of CareKeeper, a residential aged care app that enables care staff to view, capture and document care by the resident’s side in real-time via a mobile device.
With an icon-based design, CareKeeper helps staff to easily identify the tasks that need completing in required time frames while at the resident’s side. The app provides the ability to tick off the most urgent tasks as soon as they have been completed and enables the real-time capture of information in the form of charts and progress notes.
The app is integrated with Telstra Health’s Clinical Manager software to enable one source of truth, reduce duplicate data entry, and allow providers to maintain their unique chart types.
Launched at the Leaders Summit 2022 on 24-25 March in Sydney, Telstra Health’s Head of Aged & Disability, Michael Donnelly, said, “CareKeeper allows staff to document quickly at the point of care so they can spend less time at the nurses’ station and more time doing what they love; creating a positive environment for residents.”
“With half of Australia’s Personal Care Workers (PCW) aged 40 or under1, we’re conscious that innovative solutions are now the expectation. We therefore co-designed CareKeeper with clients to ensure a positive User Experience (UX) was front of mind. The app also includes offline capabilities, is hosted securely via Microsoft Azure’s cloud platform and contains security features such as unique log in credentials, access based on role type, and automatic log out after a set period of inactivity,” continued Michael.
“Telstra Health is proudly Australian owned, operated and focussed, which means we can prioritise and respond quickly to government changes and provider needs. CareKeeper has been in production with a small group of clients for the last 12 months, so we’re confident it will exceed providers’ expectations,” said Michael.
Key features of CareKeeper include:
- Quickly and easily view, action and record care delivered via a mobile device.
- Easily identify what care needs to be actioned through the use of iconography.
- Streamline care activity workflows with the most urgent tasks brought to the surface.
- Access a resident’s profile, summary care plan and progress notes at the point of care.
- Real-time capture of information in the form of charts and progress notes.
- Integrated with Telstra Health’s Clinical Manager software for one source of truth and reduce duplicate data entry.
- Offline capability to ensure the app can be used even in Wi-Fi blackspots.
- Cloud hosted via Microsoft’s Azure cloud platform.